Fresh Wind Week 7 – Discussion Guide
Main Idea: The fresh wind of revival is an inside job.
Introduction: The world sets itself up to work without God, consistently pushing and pulling us wherever we will let it. We all want peace and to not allow our emotions to control us. Are you willing to do the inside work to experience the fresh wind of God?Are you bigger on the inside or on the outside?
Discussion Starter: Are you bigger on the inside or on the outside?
Primary Scriptures: Ephesians 3:16, 1 Corinthians 2:12-14, Acts 3:19, 1 Samuel 30:6
- Pastor Chris asked us to consider this question: Can we all agree that we have a natural tendency to let negative thoughts run rampant in our minds? What is one thing you can do this week to begin to fight those negative thought patterns?
- Read Ephesians 3:16 – Scripture tells us that the spirit of God dwells inside of us and that His spirit can strengthen our inner man. Discuss with your group: Where does your inner man need to be strengthened?
- Is there an area in your life where you are allowing your emotions to take control? Discuss with one another and then pray together.
Discovery Bible Method:
For deeper study, as an alternative to the questions above, read 1 Corinthians 2:12-14 and use the Discovery Bible Method to explore the passage.
Suggestion: Consider breaking the group into twos or threes for this section.
Read Ephesians 3:16 and Acts 3:19. Pastor Chris said, “I know who I want to become. Do you know who you want to grow into?” Who we surround ourselves with matters. Sometimes, our negative thought patterns and our emotions are easily influenced by those around us. Who is helping you walk worthy? Who are you allowing to speak into your life that may be hindering the fresh wind in your life? After discussing and reading, spend time in prayer for one another.
Engage the World Around Us
Engaging at Faith Promise: At FP, we are people who stand on the promises of God. God’s will for us is to be filled with His power and walk in our purpose. Is there an area at FP where you are being called to serve that aligns with your purpose? Is there an area at FP where you feel you are being led to serve?
Engaging in Community and the World: As believers, we have been set free. However, it is easy to allow our emotions to get the best of us and sometimes we choose to share those with the world through social media. What if your screen time became your prayer time? Discuss with your group how you can spend more time in prayer to influence those around us.
Expand God’s Kingdom
Read Ephesians 3:16 and Acts 3:19. Think back to the discussion starter. Are you willing to do the inside work to experience the fresh wind of revival in your life? How will that work impact your role as we all march towards expanding God’s Kingdom? Spend time in prayer: Repent for allowing your emotions to take control, ask for your inner man to be strengthened, and listen for His voice throughout your week.
ALL groups at Faith Promise should follow Jesus Christ and lead others to do the same. Below are the marks of a growing follower and disciple of Jesus.
– A follower of Jesus desires to encounter God through the deeper study and application of God’s Word.
– A follower of Jesus embraces people and values relationships on a deeper level so everyone can grow together.
– A follower of Jesus engages and serves the world around them and in their community, through local partners or God-directed opportunities.