Fresh Wind – Week 2 – Discussion Guide
Main Idea: We need the eternal and everlasting fresh wind of God blowing through our lives.
Introduction: The fresh wind of God will fill you with power and purpose.
Discussion Starter: Do you believe God can make a way for you to glide on open seas and into a time of refreshing?
Primary Scriptures: Psalm 85:6, 2 Chronicles 7:14, Acts 3:19, Acts 4:31, Psalm 90:17
- Pastor Chris reminds us that we will know the fresh wind is blowing by seeing souls rescued, families restored, purposes rekindled, and the Kingdom expanding. What evidence do you have of these things happening in your life?
- Read Psalms 85:6 – Discuss the meaning of revival with your group.
- What area in your life do you feel stuck or like you are floating alone? Discuss with one another, pray together, and make a plan to receive God’s fresh wind.
Discovery Bible Method: For deeper study, as an alternative to the questions above, read 2 Chronicles 7:14. and use the Discovery Bible Method to explore the passage.
Suggestion: Consider breaking the group into twos or threes for this section.
Read Psalm 85:6 and 2 Chronicles 7:14. After reading, spend time in prayer for one another. Discuss with one another where you are struggling to feel the fresh wind of God in your life.
Engage the World Around Us
Engaging at Faith Promise: At FP, we are people who stand on the promises of God. His will for us should be filled with His power as we walk in purpose to which He calls us. Where are you being called to serve that aligns with your purpose? Is there an area at FP where you feel you are being led to serve?
Engaging in Our Community and the World: As believers, we have been set free. If we are being honest, we all have areas where we need to feel the fresh wind of God. We all have areas where we need more wind in our sails. How are these areas in our lives being shown to non-believers around us? How are we showing our John and Peter-like faith to the world around us?
Expand God’s Kingdom
Read Psalm 85:6 and 2 Chronicles 7:14. Think back to the Discussion Starter. Do you believe God can give you fresh wind to glide on open seas? Do you believe that God can bring a refreshing into your life? If yes, how can you use the fresh wind of God to expand His Kingdom?
ALL groups at Faith Promise should follow Jesus Christ and lead others to do the same. Below are the marks of a growing follower and disciple of Jesus.
– A follower of Jesus desires to encounter God through the deeper study and application of God’s Word.
– A follower of Jesus embraces people and values relationships on a deeper level so everyone can grow together.
– A follower of Jesus engages and serves the world around them and in their community, through local partners or God-directed opportunities.
– A follower of Jesus expands God’s Kingdom through the development and multiplication of disciple-makers, possibly to lead more groups at Faith Promise.