Having the right perspective can change everything. Stop focusing on what you don’t have and be thankful for everything God has already provided.
How has God begun to stretch your faith during the Without series?
John D. Rockefeller was at one time the richest person in the world. By most accounts, he is still considered the richest person in modern history. Rockefeller was once asked, “How much money is enough money?” His response? “Just a little bit more.” For most of us, this attitude permeates our lives. “If I just had the new iPhone.” “If I can just hold on until our trip to the beach.” We always want what we don’t have. Until we change our perspective, what we have will never be enough.
- Why do you think people tend to focus on what they don’t have, rather than what they do have?
- How does focusing on what we don’t have affect our lives? How does it influence our behavior?
How can we infuse faith into our finances?
Remember what God _________________
- What had God done for the Israelites before they wandered in the wilderness?
- Why do you think it was so easy for the Israelites to forget what God had done?
- What are some of the major things God has done in your life?
- How can you use the things God has done to build your faith?
Remember what God has provided and __________________
Read Numbers 11:5-6 and Philippians 4:11-13
- Why do you think the Israelites weren’t content with what God had provided?
- How often do you allow your circumstances to dictate your attitude?
- What is the secret to being content that Paul discovered? How can you make that a reality in your life?
Remember what God ___________ and focus on that
Read Numbers 11:23
- Do you really believe we serve a God whose power is unlimited? Does that belief effect your actions?
- Pastor Chris said “Wherever God guides He provides.” Where do you believe God is guiding you in 2016?
- Take a few minutes share all the ways God has provided for you. How can you begin to focus more on what you do have than on what you don’t have?
- In what areas of your life do you need provision from God in 2016?
Close out your time together by asking the God of unlimited power and grace to provide for each person in your group.