1. Share a time when you sought to hear God’s voice but it seemed only to confuse you more.
Pastor Zac shared six tests we can all take to determine if the voice we hear is God’s, the enemy’s, or our own.
- Does it agree with the Bible?
- Does it make me more like Christ?
- What affect does it have on your attitude?
- Does my church family agree with it?
- Is it consistant with how God has shaped you?
- Is it convicting or condeming?
2. How do you use the Bible as a filter for your thoughts?
3. Share a decision from a relationship at work, in your neighborhood, or family when you had to handle a potential conflict and what the options were? Describe which options made you look more like Christ and which less?
4. Give examples of voices that make your attitude negative and contrast these voices to those make your attitude positive.
5. Do you have a mentor in your walk? Are you mentoring anyone else? How often do you meet with your small group and do you allow them to speak into your life?
6. What gifts, talents and fruits of the spirit has God given you? Is the voice utilizing those things?
7. God will not attack your value. Describe an instance where you felt condemned. Contrast this instance when you have felt convicted.