What’s n it 4 me?: Are You Sure?
1. Pastor Chris discussed the difference between a gift and a reward. You get rewards based on what you do, not what you ask. Describe a time when God has given something for which you asked (e.g., healing, blessing, wisdom)? Describe a time when God has given something as a reward?
2. Everything we do for God will be given back to us. Discuss your understanding of “misthos”, or wage, and “apodidomai”, to give back.
3. God wants to give rewards more than we want them. How does this impact your thinking of God? your willingness to earn a reward?
4. Pastor Chris listed seven things – when we seek Him, when we are submissive to those in authority, when we practice self denial, when we meet others needs, when we suffer for Him, when we sacrifice, when we share – for which God gives rewards. On what act do you need to work in order to increase your rewards?
5. Does the thought of standing before the judgement seat bring excitement or fear? Explain.
6. What would survive the test if you were before the seat today?
1 Timothy 5:18
2 Timothy 4:8
1 Corinthians 3:12-14