God will provide for his people.
Pastor Chris struck a chord this week when he said “Wealthy people full of stuff don’t [think they] need God.” In this country we are very rich. What are some blessings that God has provided in your life?
This week we begin a new series: Unstoppable. This series will focus on the miracles of God in scripture. The particular focus this week is the provision of God. Pastor Chris taught on the story of Elijah and the widow of Zarephath found in 1 Kings 17. Spend some time this week in group talking about how God has provided in your life. If you are in need of provision, take heart! Listen to the stories of God’s provision for Elijah and the widow and to the stories group members have of God’s provision. God has done it before and He can do it again!
Read 1 Kings 17:1
1. Have you ever experienced a period of drought in your life? What was that like?
Read 1 Kings 17:2-6
2. God knew that Elijah was suffering due to the drought, and He gave him an assignment. How has God met you right where you are when you have experienced a crisis?
3. What was Elijah’s response to the Lord’s direction according to verse 5?
4. How does our obedience relate to God’s provision? Can you give an example from your life?
Read 1 Kings 17:7
5. Again, Elijah is in need of God’s provision. Have you ever had the experience of solving one problem only to be confronted with another?
Read 1 Kings 17:8-11
6. How are these verses similar to verses 2-5? Do you find it easier to trust God with your future when you have seen Him provide in the past?
Read 1 Kings 17:12-16
7. What was the widow’s situation? Have you ever been in a hopeless situation?
8. Do you think it required faith of the widow to give up some of her supplies to make food for Elijah?
9. What was her reward for obedience?
10. Are you in need of provision from God? How can the group pray for you this week?