1. If you could have input on Jesus’ return, would you want it to be today or another time? Why?
2. Jesus taught about five crowns he will award, one of which is for being prepared for His second coming. Are you in line to receive this crown? Why or why not?
3. Matthew 24:42-44 is the story of the thief that comes in the night. What are the take-aways form this story? If we do not know the time of the return how should this effect how we plan for and spend our time?
4. Matthew 24:45-51 is the story of the slave. What are the take-aways from this story? What do we learn about procrastination? About obedience? About Christ’s perspective on dis-obedience?
5. Matthew 25:1-13 is the story of the ten virgins. What are the take-aways form this story? How did not knowing the timing of Christ’s return affect the planning of each of the virgins? How should this affect our planning and preparation?
6. Matthew 25:14-30 is the story of talents. What are the take-aways from this story? God clearly demonstrates that we are not each expected to do the same tasks, but there is an expectation. What is the expectation? With what gifts and talents has God blessed you that you should sharing?
7. Share a time when you served? How did your service impact someone? How did it impact you?