Would you like to make a Big Difference at Faith Promise this year? Our discussion questions team is currently seeking writers! If you would like to write discussion questions please contact Dustin Scott at [email protected].
Taking control of our thoughts is the first step in guiding our words, actions, habits, and destiny to the path that God has set out for us.
Share a favorite memory from your childhood.
This week Pastor Chris preached about Proverbs 23:7 “For as a man thinks within himself, so he is.” Our thoughts have enormous impact on our words, actions, habits, and therefore our destiny. Let’s discuss ways in which we can direct our thoughts in a more positive way. Remember, by making small changes, we can make a big difference!
Read 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
1. How do you feel about having “divinely powerful” weapons of warfare against the enemy?
2. How do we take captive every thought?
3. What are some lies you have told yourself? I can’t lose weight? I can’t improve my marriage?
4. Who is the “father of lies” according to John 8:44?
Instead of lies, we must soak ourselves in the truth.
Read Philippians 4:8-9
5. How do we know what is true, noble and right?
6. Paul says in in verse 9 that he has taught the Philippians what to do. Who has taught you? Do you have a mentor in the faith?
Read Romans 12:2
7. We are to be transformed by the “renewing of our minds.” How do we renew our minds?
8. Pastor spoke of “changing the inputs” in our minds to change our thoughts. Are there some “inputs” that you could change that would help you to grow your faith?