Main Idea: When we give like God gives, we become united in purpose, experience gladness, sincerity of heart, and find true community.
Discussion Starter: What is the most special gift you have ever been given?
Introduction: In the last week of Shadow of a Doubt, we discuss generosity. As followers of Jesus, we are called to give generously because of God’s generosity. However, many of us have doubts about giving our time, talents, and treasure.
Primary Scriptures: Acts 2:1-4, Acts 2:37, Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 2:41-47, Jeremiah 29:11
- How has God been generous to you?
- What is the hardest area for you to be generous? Time, talent, or treasure?
- What area do you think the enemy uses the most to keep you from being generous?
- How would it look to people outside the church if your group, your campus, and Faith Promise (as a whole) actually lived and acted like our brothers and sisters did in Acts 2?
- What is one area where you and your group can be generous this week?
Discovery Bible Method:
For deeper study, as an alternative to the questions above, read Acts 2:44 and use the Discovery Bible Method to explore the passage.