1. Pastor Chris has shared over the past two weeks, too often we are in a position where we are “wounded” by our past, “wondering” about our present day life, and “worried” about the future. Do you sense the Holy Spirit convicting you in any of these areas? Do you struggle with one of these three areas more than the others?
2. Our time wandering in the wilderness, like the nation of Israel, is meant to teach us to rely on the Lord. Without learning to lean on Him, we cannot or will not leave the wilderness. In what areas of your life are you struggling to rely on God and trust in His provision, His protection, and His will?
3. The wilderness is full of traps and battles to be fought but God will guide us around traps and will fight our battles. What traps or battles have you encountered in your time in the wilderness? Share how God has blessed you in guiding you past traps or has fought your battles since entering the Promised Land. Are you advancing on the Promised Land?
4. Pastor Chris stated our time in the Promised Land is our sancification and discipling process. How are you growing in your faith? Share how you are intentional and what other opportunities are available.
5. When there is distance between us and God, we are weaker. As an example, he shared the story of Peter in the outer courts during the interrogation of Jesus. What strength do you gain by walking in a healthy relationship with Him? What specific areas of your life have shown the fruit of a close relationship with Jesus?
6. Pastor Chris listed some characteristics of people wandering in the wilderness. Do any of these describe you?
- negative thinking
- no faith or vision
- no personal responsibility
- always think things are too hard
- grumbling and complaining
- making excuses
- feeling sorry for yourself
- feel you are not worthy
- feel you are destined to be a loser