It is a privilege and delight to interact with God through prayer.
Who is your favorite person to spend time talking with? Why are the conversations so special?
What is one reason prayer is so special to believers? Through prayer we gain access to all of heaven. Prayer is the very fabric of how we function each day. Most people assume that Christianity is just a list of do’s and don’ts along with rule after rule to follow. They couldn’t be more wrong! It is forgiveness through shed blood, adoption through resurrection, and open access to heaven and God.
1. Does God answer prayer? Can you share a time when God answered a particular prayer for you?
2. Does God ALWAYS answer ALL prayers?
3. Why does opening the portal of heaven through prayer “cause all hell to break out the big guns” as Pastor Chris stated?
4. What makes a Christian on their knees undefeatable?
Read Ephesians 3:14-21.
5. Discuss how prayer strengthens the heart through faith.
6. What does Paul mean by rooted and grounded in love?
7. Verse 19 suggests that if we are filled with love and knowledge of God it overflows. Why would this make a difference in our lives?
Read Ephesians 6:18.
8. What does Paul mean by “pray at all times in the spirit”?
9. Do you feel that prayer is a delight or a duty? What can make it a delight rather than a duty to pray?
10. What would happen if we made prayer the focus of everything we do and everywhere we go? How can we pray continually? (1 Thessalonians 5:17)