Main Idea: We will seek Revival at Faith Promise by following God’s instructions to King Solomon: We will humble ourselves, pray, seek God’s face, and turn from our wicked ways.
Have you ever seen something dead take on new life? Perhaps you had a plant that was almost dead, but fertilizer brought it back to life. Maybe you had a project at work that seemed doomed to fail, but one fresh idea gave it hope. Share about a similar transformation you have experienced.
Watch this brief intro together with your group (click picture below):
Primary Scripture: 2 Chronicles 7:11-16
1. Read 2 Chronicles 7:11-16 paying close attention to verse 14. Pastor Chris shared a quote that pride is “an unhealthy saturation with self.” What are some ways we can humble ourselves this week?
2. The next action in verse 14 is “pray.” What circumstances have caused you to pray passionately? It is natural to cry out to God when we are in desperate need. How do we keep the passion in our prayers and maintain intimacy with God when life is going well?
3. Why do we most often seek God’s hand of provision instead of God’s face through fellowship and intimacy in prayer?
4. The final action God requires of His people in verse 14 is to “turn from their wicked ways.” We will discuss this during our Embrace time in our dyads and triads.
5. Which of the four actions in 2 Chronicles 7:14 is the hardest for you to respond to? Why?
Discovery Bible Method:
For deeper study, as an alternative to the questions above, read 2 Chronicles 7:11-22 and use the Discovery Bible Method to explore the passage.