Pirate ships, golden underwear, and an epic battle between a Twinkie and a Chunky. Just a taste of what lies ahead for Pirates & Princesses.
We all want our kids to have the courage to stand up for what’s right. Courage to do the right thing even when we think we can’t. This weekend in Pirates and Princesses we’ll experience a dynamic drama presentation based on the story of Esther. A princess named Nina who has the courage to trust God and stands up for what’s right. She treasures honoring God over pleasing man. As parents, we want our kids to have the courage to trust God and seek Him. Grab your Bible and read the story of Esther together. Then, review the memory verse: “Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid.” – Deuteronomy 31:6
The story of Esther reminds us that we can always count on God. Talk to your preschooler about how you count on God and how they can too. God makes us strong and courageous for Him. (Esther 2:2-8:17)
Talk about a time you chose to do the right thing even when your friend did not. How did that make you feel?
Following the drama our 4th & 5th graders will finish the night with a scavenger hunt. Searching for the hidden treasure, we’re reminded that Jesus is the greatest Treasure ever known. Ask each other this question: Based upon the things you see me do, what would you say I treasure?
This weekend, fpKids is all about Pirates & Princesses.
We can’t wait to share the meaning of courage with your kids. Pirates & Princesses at our Blount Campus will take place in two parts.
Part I: 9:30 am & 11:00 am, fpKids: Pirates & Princesses Hands on!
- All children are encouraged to dress up as a pirate or a princess.
- Preschoolers and K-3rd kids will be panning for “gold”, decorating treasure chests, creating a pirate or princess pumpkin, and visiting the Pirate & Princess Bakery where they will create an edible treat.
- Club45 kids will engage in a treasure hunt – complete pirate maps and decode puzzles to solve mysteries!
Part II: 6:30 pm, Pirates & Princesses~ Family Experience
- Families and friends are invited to join us at 6:30 pm in the Worship Center of our Blount Campus for Pirates & Princesses: The Quest for Courage. This production, which is based on the story of Esther, will involve puppets, black light songs, and live action.
- Immediately following the production, stick around for Trunk-or-Treatin’ . Don’t forget to bring your goodie bag and load up on some candy!
Through this experience, children will learn that they can always count on God! We encourage you to review this weekend’s Scripture verse, Bible story, and basic truth with your child:
- “Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid.” – Deuteronomy 31:6
- God makes me strong and courageous. – Esther 2:2 – 8:17