Fusion Weekend is all about connection. Students will spend the majority of the weekend in a “life group” that is designated based on their age and gender. Throughout the weekend they will grow in their relationships with each other and with God while experiencing fresh and relevant discussions, engaging live worship, crazy games and challenging messages.
As a parent, our goal is to involve you in this process by providing you with a prayer guide for the weekend. This will help you connect in two ways: 1. While your student is learning and growing in large group teaching and small group discussion, you will be able to pray specifically for them about the same topics. 2. At the end of the weekend you will be able to ask your student specific questions about their experience and have some great conversations with them.
Friday Night: Faith Without Works
“What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith
but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?” James 2:14
Tonight your student will discuss the connection between what they believe and what they do. Understanding this process is crucial to living out our relationship with God and representing Him to the world. Here is how you can pray for them tonight:
- Pray that tonight would spark strong, uplifting friendships.
- Honesty and transparency within their life group.
- A clear understanding of how they live out their relationship with Jesus every day.
- Safe travel to and from the FP Blount Campus.
Saturday Morning: The Tongue
“With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings,
who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing.
My brothers and sisters, this should not be.” James 3:9-10
This morning students will discover the incredible potential that their words have. Just as our “works” reveal our faith, our words tell everyone around us about the condition of our heart. Here is how you can pray for them this morning:
- Students would feel comfortable and be open in the group environment.
- Distractions would be minimized during group discussions.
- Pray that your student would honestly examine the words and attitude that they communicate.
- Pray for your student’s leader to be led by the Spirit and speak life into the students.
Saturday Afternoon: Orphans & Widows
“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this:
to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself
from being polluted by the world.” James 1:27
Religion is man’s way of connecting and responding to who God is and what He has done. Today your student is taking a deeper look at how our response to God’s love is a relationship with Him that goes beyond ourselves. Here is how you can pray for them today:
- Your student will more fully understand the implications of a relationship with God.
- Leaders will clearly communicate the connection between our relationship with God and our acts of service to others.
- Students will learn more about themselves and God through their service projects today.
- Safety for all groups during their service project time.
Saturday Night: Unstained
“When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may
spend what you get on your pleasures. You adulterous people, don’t you know that
friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses
to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.” James 4:3-4
Tonight we will wrap up Fusion Weekend by diving into understanding the role our motives play in our relationship with God. As James alludes, it’s all about priorities. If we choose anything other than God as our top priority we are aligning ourselves against Him. This is obviously not what God wants, and is the very reason He wants so badly to have a relationship with us. Here is how you can pray for your student tonight:
- Pray that any student in attendance that does not have a relationship with God begins one tonight!
- Pray that your student would make a decision tonight to passionately follow Christ.
- For your student’s group to continue to grow into a community that supports and encourages.
- That as a result of this weekend students learn to worship God authentically in every situation.
- Lift up the leaders and host homes that have sacrificed to make this weekend an awesome experience.