Parent Connection – fpStudents Fusion Weekend
Fusion Weekend is all about connection. Students will spend the majority of the weekend in a “life group” that is designated based on their age and gender. Throughout the weekend they will grow in their relationships with each other and with God while experiencing fresh and relevant discussions, engaging in live worship, crazy games and challenging messages.
As a parent, our goal is to help you in this process by providing you with a prayer guide for the weekend. This will help you connect in two ways: 1. While your student is learning and growing in large group teaching and small group discussion, you will be able to pray specifically for them about the same topics. 2. At the end of the weekend you will be able to ask your student specific questions about their experience and have some great conversations with them.
Friday Night: Time
Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
– Psalm 90:12
Tonight in both their life group and the large group worship experience your students discussed the importance of how we manage and use our time. As Christ followers we are called to live our lives differently than the world around us, to be weird. one way that we can do that is through using our time the way that God would want us to use our time.
1. Pray that your student would let down their walls and really connect with their leader and the other students in their group.
2. Pray that God would specifically show them things in their lives that they need to stop doing so that they have time to embrace the things that God has for them.
3. Pray for transparency in their life groups.
Saturday Afternoon: Relationships
Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”
– 1 Corinthians 15:32-34
This afternoon your student will take some time to look at their relationships and see what impact they can have on their lives. For students there is a strong desire to fit in, and if we are not careful we will compromise our relationships with God and with ourselves for the desire to fit in.
1. Pray for your student, that they would have God’s perspective on their relationships.
2. Pray that God would reveal any relationships in their lives that are having a negative impact on their relationship with Him, or their relationship with themselves.
3. Pray for your student’s life group leader that God would use them and lead them this weekend.
4. Pray that students will open up in worship and truly connect with God.
Saturday Evening: Values
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. – Matthew 6:21
Tonight your student talked about the importance of our values and how they can have a drastic impact on our lives. We challenged students to ask God to give them a burden for what really matters to Him instead of being consumed by the things that the world says are important. When we begin to pray and ask God to burden us for the things that He is burdened with, we begin to see like He sees, and live for the things that He would want us to live for.
1. Pray that any students in attendance that do not have a relationship with God will begin one tonight.
2. Pray that your student would make a decision tonight to passionately follow after Christ.
3. Pray For your students group to continue to grow into a community that supports and encourages each other to run passionately after Christ.
4. Lift up the leaders and host homes that have sacrificed to make this weekend an awesome experience.