New Rivers, New Roads Preview – Discussion Guide
We will enter the new year with a blank page in the book of our spiritual life. What we write on that page is up to us.
Some of the resolutions we make seem silly and unrealistic in hindsight. Share with the group one of your resolutions from last year that was blown by the first or second day of 2017-the funnier the better.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. The same can be said of our resolutions and attempts to grow our relationship with God. We must have a plan and stick to it or else we will fall short of our goal(s). A spiritual growth plan is ideal for creating a road map to follow on our journey as we seek to encounter God daily on a deeper basis. The following link is an example of a spiritual growth plan.
Primary Scripture: Isaiah 43:18-19
1. The end of a year always brings to our minds a review of life. Some years regrets outnumber victories. What is one area in which you wish you would have accomplished more in 2017? How can you make the result better in 2018?
2. When God forgives us, He wipes the slate clean and never brings up the forgiven sin again. Why do you feel we have trouble forgiving ourselves when God can forgive us completely?
3. Do you feel a spiritual growth plan is beneficial? Discuss how having a written plan will help keep you spiritually on track.
4. What is one thing you will change or improve in 2018 concerning each of the following: relationship with God, interaction with co-workers, relationship with family, and friends.
We at Faith Promise desire to make 2018 the year we grow our relationship to God at a deeper level. Pastor Chris has written a new devotional called “New Rivers, New Roads.” We encourage you to pick up a physical copy at your campus, or if you prefer, a PDF version is available for free here, or the Kindle version may be purchased for $0.99 at Amazon.com. this will be a great resource tool for the journey. We will walk through this 31-day devotional together, and there will also be the opportunity to participate in a 21 day fast. If you have been desiring to encounter God on a deeper spiritual level, there is no better time than now. Don’t wander aimlessly alone; join us at Faith Promise as we walk this road together.
– Encounter Groups: the primary focus of Encounter Groups is the deeper study and application of God’s Word.
– Embrace Groups: the primary focus of Embrace Groups is making friends and being friends on a deeper level.
– Engage Groups: the primary focus of Engage Groups is serving the people of our area through our local partners and through God-directed opportunities.
– Expand Groups: the primary focus of Expand Groups is the development and multiplication of disciple-makers to lead more groups at Faith Promise.