Are you experiencing difficult times such as loss of a loved one, job loss, terminal illness, divorce, relationship issues, spiritual crisis, cancer, discouragement, or loneliness?
God never intended for us to go through these experiences alone. That’s why God has brought us together at Faith Promise, and why we have Stephen Ministry.
Every week, a Stephen Minster will meet with you – privately and confidentially – to listen, care, encourage, support, and reflect Christ’s presence in your life.
If you are someone who is hurting (or you know someone who is) and you would like to explore having a Stephen Minister come along side of you (or your friend or family member), you may start the process by any one of the following:
- Check Stephen Minister box on the communication card
- Complete a request form at faithpromise.org/stephen
- Send an Email to [email protected]
- Call 865-251-2590 x 3004
After receiving your request, a Stephen Leader will contact you to set up a confidential meeting to better understand your needs and match you with a Stephen Minster.
Areas of Focus for Stephen Ministry
- Terminal Illness (includes families of dying persons)
- Hospitalization and Recuperation
- Lonely or Discouraged
- Spiritual Crisis
- Job Loss or Other Vocational Need
- Spouse or Parent of Person in Crisis
- Other Crisis Situation
- Nursing Home Resident
- Families of Those in Nursing Homes
- Home-bound or Shut-In
- Convalescence or Rehabilitation
- Long-Term Care
Stephen Ministry is “Christ Caring for People through People”
“Bear one another’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ” (Galatians 6:2)
Stephen Ministry is a vital part of the Groups Ministry here at Faith Promise Church. As with all of our groups, we focus on creating environments where people Encounter God, Embrace Others, and Engage the World Around Us.