Hero: More Than a Feeling
1. Pastor Chris said Christ is our example for compassion. He shared that in Mark 3 Christ shows little concern for what the religious leaders of the day thought and He healed a man’s hand on the Sabbath. Share an example of when God broke your heart for someone in need?
2. Can you share any examples of when you showed compassion and felt uncomfortable because of others’ thoughts? Do you remember a time when you did not show compassion to someone because of the thoughts, impressions, or advice of others? How do we overcome these hesitations if they exist?
3. Pastor Chris shared “the older brother syndrom” in reference to the older brother in the story of the prodigal son. The older brother was not happy for his younger brother. In fact he felt slighted because his father had never thrown a celebration for him. How does this view impact our compassion for others?
4. We cannot possibly help everyone; however, we can share compassion on “one”, one person. Is there one person that comes to mind that needs the love and the compassion of Chrsit in your life? Is there one missions outreach project you could participate in or even become involved with on an ongoing basis?
5. How’s your heart? Is it hardened? Does God need to remove callouses on your heart?