1. Share a time when you stopped what your were doing to show compassion.
2. Compassion has a cost associated with it. What has compassion cost you?
3. God wants more for us than He wants from us – when giving financially and also when showing compassion. Discuss how this is true. When have you experienced this?
4. Pastor Chris shared that compassion is more than pity. It is participation. It is emotion with action. Discuss the inaction and action demonstrated by the priest, the Levite, and the Samaritan in Luke 10:25-37.
5. At the end of this same scripture, Christ finishes with the command to “go and do the same”. How do we “go and do the same”?
6. A calloused heart prevents us from responding to needs around us. What is the condition of your heart? As you close, consider taking the time to ask God to change your heart.