Heart for the Harvest Week 1 – Discussion Guide
Extending God’s Hand and Heart, and expanding God’s Kingdom requires a foundation of faith and preparation.
Have you ever built something? A house? A dog house? A massive birthday cake with many layers? How did your preparation affect the outcome of your project?
This week we begin our annual Heart for the Harvest season. Pastor Chris cast a vision for how Faith Promise can reach real people with real problems and share the real love of Christ. Our offering on November 9-10 will be used to further this vision and expand God’s kingdom. You can look at the initiatives planned here. Before we begin, let’s lay a foundation.
Watch this short video with your group.
Primary Scriptures: 1 Chronicles 22:1-5, Luke 6:46-49
- What does it mean to “extend God’s Hand?”
- Read 1 Chronicles 22:1-5. David would not see the temple built, and yet he made “ample preparations.” What ample preparations are you making for the next generation? Financial preparations? Educational preparations? Spiritual preparations?
- Read Luke 6:46-49. This week Pastor spoke about laying a foundation. According to these verses, how do we know if we have a solid foundation?
- Are you weathering any storms? How is your foundation of faith?
Discovery Bible Method:
For deeper study, as an alternative to the questions above, read Luke 6:46-49 and use the Discovery Bible Method to explore the passage.
Suggestion: Consider breaking the group into twos or threes here.
Getting to know each other:
We discussed facing storms and testing our foundation. We have all faced situations where we could have been better prepared. Think about solidifying or repairing your foundation. How can you help each other to remain committed to prayer, Bible reading, and attending church and group?
Getting to know Him:
One way to cement our foundation is to keep God’s word in our minds and in our hearts. This week, commit to memorize 1 Corinthians 3:11:
For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
Engage the World Around Us
Engaging at Faith Promise: Are you participating in our 21-Days of Fasting and Prayer? The fast begins Monday October 21 and will end on our Heart for the Harvest offering weekend November 10. You can also view daily devotions during this 21-Days here.
Engaging in Community: Next weekend (October 26-27) is our No Tricks, All Treats weekend at every campus. Invite friends with kids to join in the fun!
Engaging the World: One of our 2020 initiatives for Heart for the Harvest is launching new campuses. Pray for the new campuses that will launch and the lives that will change because of God’s real love.
Expand God’s Kingdom
This weekend we prayed for prodigals and relationships. Did God bring someone to your heart and mind? Reach out and connect with them this week.
- We are man and not God, so we do NOT control God’s Hand. However, God offers His free gift of salvation to ALL (see Romans 5:8, Romans 6:23). “Extending God’s Hand” is telling and showing others about God’s love and His free gift of salvation.