Family Life: The Five Family Values
(This post was written by Chuck Carringer, Pastor of Family Ministries)
At Faith Promise Church we recently completed a five week family series. It was an awesome series that focused on the Five Family Values adopted by the Family Ministry Team. Below is a recap of the five values.
Make It Personal
- Put yourself first when it comes to personal growth.
- What we model is more compelling than what we say.
- Where are your faith, marriage and family on a ranking of your highest values?
Fight For The Heart
- Create a culture of unconditional love in your home.
- Relationships are built around heart connections.
- Legacy is transferred relationally.
Widen The Circle
- Inviting others to intentionally partner with you to have other voices helping to shape and determine the direction of our marriages and parenting.
- Parents should pursue strategic relationships for their kids.
- Become a valuable contributor to someone else’s circle of influence.
Create A Rhythm
- Much of our everyday life seems to function in a fairly steady rhythm.
- Families want to tap into the power of quality moments together.
- Build a sense of purpose through everyday experiences.
Imagine The End
- Focus your energy and effort on the issues that will have a lasting impact.
- As parents, in the end, the most important thing is our child’s relationship with God.
- We must be intentional each day about what is most important.
How are you and your family living the five family values?