We must remember that Hell is as real as Heaven. We should use awareness of this reality to make it hard to go to Hell from East Tennessee.
Are you excited about Easter? What is your plan for inviting lost friends/family?
Hell is a difficult topic. It’s something people just don’t want to hear about it. At Faith Promise, we believe It is imperative we teach the whole gospel. 234 of the 268 chapters in the New Testament warn of Hell and judgment. The thought of Hell should break our hearts for the lost. This doesn’t mean we should develop a judgmental “I’m better than you are” attitude. Instead, we must reach out in love, tell people about Jesus, and invite them to church. We want to use our knowledge of Hell’s existence to keep us on fire for God and to keep other people out of the eternal fire.
ENCOUNTERING GOD THROUGH BIBLE STUDY:
1.) Read Isaiah 5:14 What do you believe this verse teaches us?
2.) Read Isaiah 28:15 How does this verse apply today?
3.) Read John 14:6 According to this verse, how does someone get to Heaven? Is there any other way?
4.) Do you think religious people who don’t believe they must accept Christ go to Heaven?
5.) Will people think you are crazy if you believe in Hell? Should we expect to be rejected because of this message?
6.) What about your own family? Do you think being a Christian could cause division within your family?
7.) What should we do when someone doesn’t agree with our faith? What if someone mistreats us of it because of it?
8.) How do we get saved from Hell? How do we know we will go to Heaven?
9.) Does our decision to believe in Jesus Christ affect us forever?
(Remind folks of Pastor Chris’ request for Easter week: Fast & pray that we have 1,000 saved, 500 baptized, and over 17,000 to see “After The Fall”)
1) God doesn’t want to send anyone to Hell. Hell has enlarged itself because people are not choosing to accept Jesus as their Savior.
2) It is easier to believe that God wouldn’t send “Good” people to Hell. People don’t like to think about it and they opt for teaching(s) that allow them to believe the lie that good people can’t go to Hell.
3) John 14:6 explains that accepting Jesus and inviting him into your heart is the only way to Heaven. If there were any other way, God would not have allowed his only son to die.
4) No. There is no other name under heaven by which someone may be saved. If a person does not accept Jesus Christ, they will go to Hell. Scripture passages such as John 14:6 and Acts 4:12 make this clear.
5) Yes. The truth is unpopular and not everyone will approve of your faith. Thankfully, no matter what, we know that Jesus will not leave us. “But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and will persecute you, delivering you to the synagogues and prisons, bringing you before kings and governors for My name’s sake. It will lead to an opportunity for your testimony. So make up your minds not to prepare beforehand to defend yourselves; for I will give you utterance and wisdom which none of your opponents will be able to resist or refute. But you will be betrayed even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death, and you will be hated by all because of My name. Yet not a hair of your head will perish. By your endurance you will gain your lives.” Luke 21:10-19
6) Yes, this is a possibility. Your family may not embrace your faith anymore than outsiders. The gospel message is offensive. The truth that we can’t save ourselves, but must rely on a Holy God, goes against our culture. Jesus explained this truth would cause division even within families. “They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.” Luke 12:53
7) Forgive them & continue praying. ”Then Peter came and said to Him, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.” Matthew 18:21-22
8) Salvation comes by faith in Jesus Christ. “That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;” Romans 10:9 We know we are going to Heaven because we have a relationship with our Father. We will see the effects of the Holy Spirit in our life and in the way we see others. “We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love abides in death.” 1 John 3:14
9) Yes. “And I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.” – John 10:28 It is a relationship and you become a child of God. Once you have truly received salvation, Heaven will be your home.