God didn’t create faith to cower behind closed doors.
Do you have a funny or strange talent?
How we respond to the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus is the most important question we can pursue.
Primary Scriptures: John 10:9-11, Matthew 18:12-14, Luke 10:38-42, Ephesians 2:8-10
1. Discuss a time when you felt like an outcast. Discuss a time when you felt like you belonged.
2. Read Matthew 18:12-14. How has God pursued you?
3. Read Luke 10:38-42. Describe a time when something did not go the way you had hoped even though you felt like you were “doing everything right.” Have you tried to build your own doorway to God with good deeds?
4. Read Ephesians 2:8-10. How can you find freedom in this scripture?
5. How have you responded to Jesus in the past? How do you encounter and respond to him daily?
Discovery Bible Method:
For deeper study, as an alternative to the questions above, pick a Gospel (Matthew 28:1-15, Mark 16:1-8, Luke 24:1-12, John 20:1-18) and use the Discovery Bible Method to explore the story of the first Easter morning.