To further the conversation started by the weekend message, use these discussion questions in a group study or for personal reflection.
Our message this week – 28 Days Of Life
1. Pastor mentioned that our lives are our worship to God. Romans 12:1-2 speaks on that thought. It refers to our lives as “…our spiritual service of worship”, and proving “…what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect”.
– Discuss how our lives are or can be our worship to God. In simple terms what do we do or how do we conduct ourselves in a manner that worships God?
– Discuss what is meant by “that which is good and acceptable and perfect”.
2. When we are saved we are given a new heart, one of compassion and caring. Matthew 25 verses 36 to 40 talk about the importance of caring for others.
– Discuss how God has changed or is still changing your perspective on people and situations. Do you have specific areas of life, of society, of relationships, or of suffering that you now view differently?
3. In the story of the good Samaritan we see people who either do not see needs or who do not have the compassion to stop and help, to care for, or to meet the needs of others.
– Share about a time in which someone else was a life-bringer, a good-bringer, and someone cared for you or your family.
– Discuss why we sometimes would rather walk by on the far side of the road as opposed to stopping to care for someone.
– If we find ourselves not living out the life of the good Samaritan how do take steps to change that?
Faith Promises’ scripture verse for 2014: