To further the conversation started by the weekend message, use these discussion questions in a group study or for personal reflection. Audio and video of the topic may be found here.
1. Pastor Chris shared that offenses are lures. How have people offended you in your past?
2. A trap keeps up from escaping and leads to a slow death. And often we don’t see the trap until we’re already caught. Explain how we get caught in traps in our relationships.
3. We need God to awaken us to see our spiritual condition, to show where we are harboring bitterness towards others, especially our family. How do we approach God on this topic? How has God opened your eyes in relation to an offense and your bitterness about it?
4. Hurt can make you better or it can make you bitter. How can hurt make us better?
5. Forgiveness is easy to talk about but difficult to do. Discuss the truth of this statement.