Discussion Questions: I Can Change
To further the conversation started by the weekend message, use these discussion questions in a group study or for personal reflection. Audio and video of the topic may be found here.
1. Who are you allowing to “train” your thinking?
2. In general, what are some “common lies” people tend to believe?
“Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with
God’.” Mark 10:27
3. Give some examples of how your thinking and life might be different if you took Mark 10:27 to heart. How might the church be different?
4. Identify an area of life that you’ve held back from changing (for whatever reason).
“Do not be misled: ‘Bad company corrupts good character’.” 1 Corinthians 15:33
5. Who are three people in your life who care about you enough to confront, encourage, and/or hold you accountable to making positive changes? If you don’t have anyone, now is the time to connect with someone, potentially in your group, to help you change.
6. Is there a lie that you have believed? Be bold and share with the group.
7. What has kept you from overcoming a lie in your life?
8. What has the lie(s) kept you from?
Group Leaders can find discussion questions for additional topics here.