To further the conversation started by the weekend message, use these discussion questions in a group study or for personal reflection.
Our message this week – Glorious Ruins – Faith Creates Expectation
1. Read together through Matthew 13:54-58, and then through Mark 2:1-12. We see two different groups.
– Discuss how were they different?
– Discuss how they are specifically different in each of the following areas: invitation, preparation, perspiration, and innovation?
2. Pastor shared the thought that expectation leads to the above four mindsets or practices, again: invitation, preparation, perspiration, and innovation. Together read back through Mark 2:1-12, and:
– discuss how expectation on the part of the group, especially the four men, led to each of the four mindsets.
3. The group had undoubtedly heard of the miracles Jesus had been performing, perhaps some of them had seen Him perform some of those miracles. Talk about the miracles of God that you have personally experienced in your life or witnessed and the lives of others.
4. You share something in common with the group in Capernaum. You have seen or heard of the miracles performed by God. They had great expectations of what Christ could and would do.
– What expectations do you have for what God can do in your life and the lives of those you care for?
– How will those expectations be put into action as we move towards Easter this year? Who will you invite to service? Who will you pray for to be saved? Who will you pray for to be healed physically or spiritually?
Faith Promises’ scripture verse for 2014: