Discussion Questions: Come Let Us Adore Him – Week Four
To further the conversation started by the weekend message, use these discussion questions in a group study or for personal reflection.
Our message this week – O Come Let Us Adore Him – We Give You All The Glory!!!
1. Giving God all the glory should be a continual theme, not just one for the Christmas season. Often times though we fall into one of two categories if we are honest with ourselves: glory thieves or glory killers.
- How would you describe a glory thief?
- How would you describe a glory killer?
- Do you find yourself being either of these?
- How do we prevent ourselves from becoming either of these?
2. Pastor shared the illustration of the toothpaste dispenser, sharing that we are a dispenser of His glory. We are created to be a glory dispenser, it is our calling.
- In what ways can we, do we, or should we dispense Gods’ glory?
3. Pastor shared that often we make salvation about us. We think it is for us, that it is our blessing, and that our walk with Him is about us. What we sometimes fail to remember is that we are created and we are saved to bring Him glory. Our lack of understanding or proper perspective can lead to our inability to keep our focus on Him, our inability to “fix our eyes upon Jesus. This makes the enemy’s work easy as he tries to make us think about and focus on anything but God.
- How does the enemy take our focus off of God and His glory?
- What are practical ways throughout your day to keep your focus on God and His glory?
- What are practical ways to keep your family focused on God and His glory?
4. Spend some time in your group discussing 2013 and how you have grown and been blessed by God.
- What are you the most thankful for?
5. Spend some time in your group discussing 2014.
- Are you putting together a personal growth plan?
- Are you sharing your growth plan with someone close to you to help hold you accountable and to help encourage you?
- Can you put a plan in place as a group to help your group members keep up with the daily Bible reading plan the church is going to utilize, such as possibly a daily text reminder to everyone, or a time each week in group devoted to talking about what you have learned or how God is speaking to you through the verses we are all reading, or through journaling daily or weekly to record how God is speaking to you in your time in the Word?
- Are you going to participate in the 21 day fast starting on Monday, January 13th?
- Spend time in prayer lifting each other up as you start to plan your upcoming year.
Faith Promises’ scripture verse for 2013:
Faith Promises’ scripture verse for 2014: