Discussion Questions: 2013 Year in Review – The Best Is Yet To Come
To further the conversation started by the weekend message, use these discussion questions in a group study or for personal reflection.
Our message this week – 2013 in Review – The Best Is Yet To Come
1. As you look back at 2013 what are you most thankful for?
2. How has God provided for you or for others around you in ways that you did not anticipate?
3. How did God provide for you in response to your prayers or needs?
4. Pastor shared that he views his intercession for us in prayer as even more important than his preaching of God’s message and His Word.
- Who do you intercede for in prayer?
5. Pastor shared the illustration of adding a leaf to a table and expanding room for guests and family. He also shared that scripture refers to pulling up the tent pegs so that a tent could be expanded to allow for more room under its covering and protection.
- Does your group regularly prayer for the “empty chair”, to grow and to expand your group family to bring others into His community of believers?
6. What are your group plans for 2014?
- Do you plan to grow?
- Are you planning on when, where, or how you will reach out and serve as a group both within Faith Promise and outside of Faith Promise to the community that surrounds us?
7. What are your personal growth plans for 2014?
- How are you planning to grow your relationship with Christ?
- Are you planning on how you will grow the relationships with family and friends in your life?
- Are you planning financially for the year?
- Are you setting goals for yourself for your heath and physical fitness?
Faith Promises’ scripture verse for 2013:
Faith Promises’ scripture verse for 2014: