I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the LORD your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them. (Deut. 30:19-20)
I have always loved this passage, but I especially love it now because I realize that it captures so well the heart of God, and the heart of our ministry at Choices Resource Center. Our sincere desire for every man, woman or child we have the opportunity to serve, is that they would choose LIFE.
- First, that they would choose eternal life, which comes only through a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Next, that those facing unplanned pregnancies would choose life for their unborn child.
- And finally, that those we serve would choose to live lives of meaning and purpose – where their spiritual, physical, and emotional needs are being met; where they are living in community; and where they are contributing to the lives of others.
Some of the ways we help to facilitate this are through the free and confidential services we offer. These include:
- Pregnancy tests
- Accurate information regarding pregnancy options
- A 24 hour helpline
- STD testing
- Free maternity clothing and formula
- Abstinence programs
- Post-abortion counseling and support
- Parenting classes
- Bible Studies
All of our services are free of charge. Choices does not receive any Federal or United Way funding. We rely solely on the generosity of churches, businesses, and individuals. One of the primary ways we get folks involved in our fundraising efforts is through our annual Walk for Life. This year’s Walk will take place on Saturday, September 21, 2013 at the Oak Ridge Civic Center Fitness Trail. Amber Martin will have a table set up in the Faith Promise Missions area on September 7th and 8th & September 14th and 15th. We would love to have you join us for this short 2 mile fun walk. All you have to do is ask your friends and family to sponsor you, and we will even collect the money for you for donations over $10. Please stop by Amber’s table for more information or to pick up a Walk sponsor sheet. You can also reach us at 865-483-0092 or [email protected] with any questions you might have. Already committed to walking? Feel free to head on over to the Walk web site at https://crcwalkforlife.org/ for online registration. We’ll look forward to seeing you on the 21st!
Submitted By: Dutchess R. Jones