3 Declarations That Lead to Positive Momentum
This past weekend I had the privilege of speaking at the weekend services at Faith Promise Church. You can watch the message here. We focused on the topic of family momentum. This is seen when your family is moving forward with increasing force over time. This is not to imply a family can experience life without problems. Rather, that the family has focused on three daily declarations that allow for sustained momentum in spite of life’s inevitable challenges. Consider the following declarations for your family.
1. I will fight for my family.
- Fight for not fight with
- Physical protection is just one aspect
- Joshua made a spiritual declaration for his family in Joshua 24:15 NLT
- Fight to improve, protect and save your marriage
- Fight for the spiritual formation of your kids
- Fight to stay connected to your teenagers and older children
- Make sure our families/marriages receive the prioritized attention they deserve
2. I will live with the attitude God can.
- God can what? Anything – he can meet your marriage and family’s needs
- Ephesians 3:20 NLT
- God can do more in our marriages and families than we can imagine
- For many, declaration #2 is tougher than #1 because they are weary and have lost hope
- There is so much at stake and God really is able. Don’t give up on your marriage and/or family
3. I will start today.
- Momentum is gained moment by moment
- Make a daily decision to fight for your family and live with an attitude that God can
- Lamentations 3:22-23 NLT
- God’s mercies are new every morning
- Yesterday is over. Start today.
I really believe that as we live out these three declarations our marriages and families can experience powerful positive momentum.
Will you make these three declarations for your marriage/family today?