2015 Celebration – Discussion Questions
This week we remember, reflect, review, and rejoice in what God has done at Faith Promise in 2015!
What has been the most significant positive change in your life in 2015?
2015 has been an awesome year for Faith Promise Church. This week Pastor Chris shared some of the amazing things that God has done through Faith Promise and our partners this year. Local campus pastors shared about God’s work at our individual campuses. EVERY campus grew this year; praise God! We have seen record attendance and record baptism numbers. Thank you for being a part of this body of Christ.
ENCOUNTERING GOD THROUGH BIBLE STUDY:
1. Did you have a theme word for 2015? If so, what was it? How did it influence your decisions and actions in 2015?
Read our theme verses for 2015: Psalm 92:12-14.
2. How have you become planted in the house of the Lord this year?
3. Did you participate in the church Bible reading plan or do your own individual plan? How have you grown in your quiet time?
4. Are you regularly attending a Faith Promise campus? What do you like most about your campus? What was the most exciting thing your campus pastor shared about 2015? How are you and your campus “flourishing in the courts of our God?”
5. Have you served either individually or as a small group this year? How did serving change you?
6. 2015 has been an amazing year in the life of Faith Promise church. But, our individual lives can get messy. How has God and/or your small group seen you through the messes in 2015? How can this group pray for and help meet any needs you may have?
7. What are you looking forward to in 2016?
8. The new year is a time of renewed hope and fresh starts. Next week we begin a new series called Without. Our 2016 theme verse is Hebrews 11:6. Is there anyone you should invite on this journey?
This is a great time of year to assess what your group has done and plan for what you want to do in the future. Plan for your spiritual growth (individual and group) in 2016! Encourage all members of your group to develop a spiritual growth plan. You can use the plan here as a starting point. For a shorter version, check out our 1 page plan here. You can also find a printed copy of the spiritual growth plan beginning on page 186 in Pastor Chris’s new book, “Without,” which was distributed freely at our services last week.