10 Things You Should Know Before You Fast
1. Headaches, bad breath and run-down feelings are signs that the fast is working
a. During a time of fasting the body purifies itself and feeds off of impurities and pollutants in your body. After approximately 3 days the headaches will begin to cease. After approximately 5 days the hunger becomes minimal.
2. Fasting will NOT impair the health of a healthy person
a. With wisdom and caution throughout history, fasting has been a prescribed method for healing and medical purposes.
b. Please take into consideration certain medical conditions and consult your physician if you have questions
3. Fasting increases a person’s faith
4. Drink plenty of fluids!!!
a. Suggest drinking a gallon of water a day to help in the cleansing process
b. Use purified water
5. Fasting is constant intercession before God
6. Fasting strengthens your inner will & discipline
7. Focus on the Word of God
8. Pray specifically
9. The victory often comes after the fast is over
10. Use wisdom and caution when breaking a fast
a. Break the fast with easily digestible foods